Thursday, January 12, 2012

Living Room Inspiration

So, we've managed to ignore our formal living room until now. It's been mostly empty, since we moved in, but I've used it to store a lot of stuff out of the way. We're going to clear it out and start work on this room very soon... I'm excited! But, before we get to that, I thought I'd show you some of my inspiration and plans for this room.

As a reminder, this is what the room looks like:

Yep, it's pretty plain, even though you can't see much from this photo. My favorite thing about this room is set of french doors that open to the room, I love how they add separation, but don't block the light. I think they will be a great feature when the room is a sitting room/library, because you can sit and read in quiet, even if there's something else going on in the house.

I have a big Pinterest board on living rooms here that I've used to collect lots of ideas for this room. I also have made some collages of specific furniture pieces that I like and would like to use to bring this room to fruition.  I'm think I want to make the wall across from the french doors book shelves and I'll have a love seat or sofa and two arm chairs in the room for seating.  As for the color scheme, I want it to coordinate well with the other colors we have downstairs, but I want something a little bit different. I'm hoping to bring in some new colors with fabric on curtains or pillows.

Here are some of my favorite living rooms and details that I've collected. If you're interested in a source, see my Pinterest board.

Pinned Image Pinned Image
 Pinned Image Pinned Image
Pinned Image 
Pinned Image
Pinned Image 
Pinned Image
Pinned Image 
Pinned Image

That was a lot of pictures! As you can see, I have a general idea of what I like, but I think actually choosing the pieces I want is going to be tough! There are a lot of similarities in these pictures:
- creamy, natural color palettes
- mix of seating: chairs, sofas, large ottomans
- feminine chandelier or statement light fixture
- gallery wall of large square frames
- pretty bookshelves and storage
- bright and airy window treatments

Here's an inspiration board/collage of some more specific elements I like:
And lastly, I got some new fabric samples from LS Fabric in Atlanta yesterday. I ordered some fabrics to consider for curtains or accessories. Some of them have really large repeats, so you can't see the whole pattern.


That's where I am with the plans and inspiration for the living room. I'll update again soon when we start making some selections!

So, what do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Can you put a hide-a-tv in there when it's done so we can watch GG in there? Love the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips